A very special treat this evening...


Here is an interview with Maike Timmermanndesigner and maker of 


amazing home accessories (available in my shopsuch as the "snake"


 wardrobe and "I love my home" chopping board....





{So relax, grab a coffee...or some wine... and enjoy}












S: What is your education/background?





M: My background is in architecture study and the love through


 art since I've been a little child.





S: Tell me some things that you love?





M: I love the timeless and classical even old design from past 


times..in architecture, design and the way clothes are cut.





S: Tell me some things that you dislike?





M: Ignorant people, realists and dogmatism.





S: Where and how do you seek inspiration?





M: From everyday life, older times and the inspiration 


from visiting foreign countries.





S: What is the story behind your "snake" wardrobe?





M: I love all my clothes, I have a very special look since I've been


 a little child, my clothes are like jewellery for me,“snake” is a 


homage to them, a big necklace for all my loveliest clothes.


 I love the odour of natural wood in the home…


  


S: What did you have for breakfast this morning?





M: A large bowl of muesli, with banana, honey and cinnamon


..yum yum





S: What projects are you working on at the moment?





M: Some new project for kids and a new one for the kitchen..


more coming soon;-)





S: What is your favourite city?





M: Venice, Italy





S: How do you relax?





M: Meeting with friends and family, a glass of wine, a day on the sea,


 a taste of good cake, a work in the summer rain, reading magazines, 


creating new ideas, dreaming into the day….





 S: Name some of your favourite designers...





M: Bauhaus





S: Tell me about your workspace...





M: My workspace is at home, a perfect Symbiosis of private and 


business.  It's just perfect because all my lovely familiar feelings 


come through. Another pluspoint: I can work whenever I like…


after lunch, at night-time or on the weekend. 





S: What did you last buy for your home?





M: A little rocking chair from the flea-market ……..





S: The piece you love most from your collection is...





M: A.L.L. ♥





S: Finally Maike, if you weren't a designer, what would you be?





M: Being an architect / or designer has been my dream since I've been a 


little child…it is a recreation and a profession. There is no other desire!








"snake" wardrobe










LOVENORDIC


0 comments:

Post a Comment