It's Complicated - Set Design

So I am a big fan of Nancy Meyers' movies. Something's gotta give was a great movie- however my real love comes in the movie sets!! It's Complicated set design is a combination of talent from Jon Hutman and Beth Rubino. Something's gotta give and The Holiday were both designed with the help of James Radin, who is currently helping Meyers design her own home. What an amazing talent. I have yet to see the movie (I am hoping to sneak out to it tomorrow) but from what I have seen and heard it is pretty great. Too bad they don't show you the new kitchen- that would have been fun too, but I guess the movie is really about the relationships.. hum.

Another great little story I found about the film and the set design is on Annechovie very fun to see your hard work paying off in a major way! Congratulations!











From what I have heard the bakery that she owns in the film is more than perfect!! The bakery unfortunately is a fictional character as well. It was designed around the idea of several different places "London’s Daylesford Organic to New York’s City Bakery and Dean & Deluca, among others." (Quote from Traditional Homes Magazine article.)








Love the little table with bath goodies..







Even the garden is amazing. hum- I am moving in thanks!


**Update: I saw the movie and I must say I may need to see it again as I was trying to soak up all of the sets and pieces within**

images via Traditional Home and It's Complicated

0 comments:

Post a Comment