In love with a chair...

Is it okay to be in love with a chair?  Well, don't tell the husband but I am (he may already know).   This classic metal french cafe chair from Tolix makes me swoon....  Maybe because I see them all over Paris while I visit, and they remind me of long evenings sitting eating amazing food and drinking great wine with my friends.  This amazing chair is still manufactured in France in Tolix's Burgundy atelier.  It was designed in 1934 by Xavier Pauchard and is a beautiful accent today.  We can get them here in the states from a few places...  Pottery barn catalog carries them seasonally, Sundance catalog has them all the time and you can find a small variety of styles and colors at DWR and Napastyle home.  

If you are going to be in France soon, you can visit Museum Rolin in Autun, for their Exposition mobilier industriel which will display Tolix pieces June through September 2009.  

I have multiples of the A and the A56 chair in my home and love them!  They are durable, comfortable, and beautiful, three of my top criteria!


0 comments:

Post a Comment